SC HOBY COUNSELOR VOLUNTEER OPTIONS
- OPTION 1 – FULL-TIME VOLUNTEER – Join us at Thursday (5/26) (staying on campus) morning, and stay on campus with us all weekend, as a full-time volunteer. I promise, you will not regret it…you will also have a ton of fun! HOBY INTERNATIONAL is a very well-known organization and networking with or organization is a huge attribute of anyone’s resume! This would be our first preference.
- FULL-TIME VOLUNTEER OPTION 2 – Join us on Friday (5/27) (staying on campus)morning, when the students arrive. We would invite you to set up a table at our College & Career Fair, to interact with the parents/Ambassadors as they come through. You would represent the Medical Industry from a Psychology-Counseling perspective, showcasing/advertising your business/skills. You would stay until noon on Sunday (6/23) and be done.
- DAY VOLUNTEER OPTION 3 – Join us during the day on Fri (5/27- 2:00 PM-6:00 PM), Sat (5/28 – 9:00 am-6;00 pm), and Sun (Optional) 5/29 – 10:30-12:30) – This would basically be helping during the day and just available at night (on-call) for very extenuating circumstances that we might face emotionally with an Ambassador(s).
SC HOBY SEMINAR COUNSELOR RESPONSIBILITIES
As much as possible, our desire is that you are a “seamless volunteer as a Staff Leader” in a Counseling capacity. Upon arrival, our 120+ Ambassadors are broken into 10-12 teams. Each team will have a Facilitator (+21) with Team Alumni staff support as needed . Throughout the weekend, these teams complete Team Activities/Projects, and all teams are together for teaching, meals, socials, etc. We would want you to:
- IF POSSIBLE, set up a table at the College & Career Fair, showcasing your career and interacting as parents/ambassadors as they come through (Preferred, but not mandatory)
- BE AVAILABLE to move around during team break-out sessions and during team-time activities, making sure the emotional issues are understood that will come from the curriculum/activities,
- ANSWER questions, interject thoughts, and accentuate discussion, all for the good of the group throughout the weekend.
- SHARE from a counseling perspective, you have knowledge of the emotional, psychological side of Bullying & Anti-Bullying of us. We need a mental analysis on certain things/situations that will arise. These times are sometimes predictable; other times not. We would want you to provide this for our weekend.
- IF POSSIBLE, we would love you to attend our Friday Night Social and Saturday Night Talent Show. (Preferred, but not mandatory)
SC HOBY OUTLINE OF WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Tuesday – Wednesday: Leadership team moves in on campus and gets organized.
- Wednesday-Thursday: Other volunteers move in on campus and get organized.
- Thursday (Approx. 9:30 am-2:00pm): Leadership registration, training, and seminar set-up. Mandatory meeting for all volunteers/
- Friday (8:30 am-10:30 am): Leaders have transformed campus at host site.
- Ambassadors/Parents arrive, register, move in and attend pre-seminar activities.
- Pre-seminar activities include a College & Career Fair, which enables parents and Ambassadors to meet a great group of college admission’s staff, who will share about the “do’s and dont’s” of the college admission process.
- Along with the universities, there is a diverse group of individuals from prominent professional careers, who have volunteered their time to showcase their career/industry to these families.
- Friday, 10:30 am: Parents are dismissed and Ambassadors meet their facilitators for the first time. We prepare for the OPENING SESSION!
- Friday, 10:30 am-Sunday 10:30 am. We have a ton of fun, learning, excitement, etc. all weekend, as we present 4-Phases of Leadership Development curriculum, interact with our Anti-Bullying theme throughout the weekend, have team breakout sessions, experience a social on Friday night (with a masquerade theme), watch teaching videos, do a ton of famous HOBY Cheers, prepare for a talent show (the best one you will ever see!), complete personality profiling, learn about SMART Goals, learn about being a leading in Vietnam, from a Business owner, process a “Future’s Kit,” and prepare for an interactive presentation to parents. (This is the critical time for us to have a counselor on campus. Friday afternoon is not as critical, but Saturday is very important).
- Sunday – 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Parents return for the PARENT ORIENTATION and our AWARD’S BANQUET. The Parent Orientation starts at 10:30 am on Sunday, in the cafeteria where they dropped off their students on Friday. We celebrate with Closing Banquet, a W/E review, and an award’s banquet. By 1:30 PM on Sunday, all the Ambassadors are checking out and on their way home. We then put the campus back in order! (Attending the Award’s Banquet is an awesome closure, where everything comes together. It would be great for counselor to attend the 10:30-12:30 am Award’s Banquet.)